Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts announced the global launch of #MyShangriLa Photography Contest, in which the 6-month contest (15 July 2019 – 10 January 2020) aims to give new meaning to “Shangri-La”, a memorable, magical moment that catches people by surprise and delights with joy. Guests, travelers and beyond are invited to capture and share their unique Shangri-La moment as “Shangri-La is both a feeling as well as a place. It’s about an unexpected moment of happiness which can happen to anyone at anytime, anywhere,” said Anthony Wong, Executive Vice President Brands. “We taste it at our favorite table. We hear it in a child’s laughter. We discover it in our travels. And it’s different for each one of us. In our hotels and resorts, we strive to go the extra mile to connect our guests with their own Shangri-La through our thoughtful service that comes from the heart.” Where’s your “Shangri-La” then?
Terms & Conditions:
• From 15 July 2019 to 10 January 2020, participants are invited to share images of what their Shangri-La looks like on Instagram with #MyShangriLa and tagging account @shangrilahotels, and on Weibo with hashtag #我的香格里拉# and tagging account @香格里拉酒店集团 or upload them on www.shangri-la.com/myshangrila. It can be that special occasion, or moment; or simply a feeling of pure joy and happiness.
• Photos must be taken at one of Shangri-La’s hotels, resorts or destinations (cities) where our properties are situated.
• Photography styles: Magical, Warm, Whimsical, Luxurious, Special & Wanderlust
• Shangri-La will be giving away 3 delightful prizes monthly for the next 6 months (15 July-10 August 2019, 10 August-10 September 2019, 10 September-10 October 2019, 10 October-10 November 2019, 10 November-10 December 2019 & 10 December 2019-10 January 2020), of 10,000 Golden Circle Award Points, to celebrate the most heartwarming, unexpected moments of joy. Monthly winners will be announced on the 15th of each month (August 2019 until January 2020) respectively.
• As the ultimate grand prize, one winner who shares the most inspiring #MyShangriLa moment will be awarded a 2-night getaway inclusive of flights to one of 10 Shangri-La destinations of their choice, including divine and exotic destinations such as Kota Kinabalu, Muscat and Istanbul.
• One ultimate grand prize winner who shares the most inspiring #MyShangriLa moment will be awarded a 2-night getaway for two guests inclusive of flights to one of 10 Shangri-La destinations of their choice.
• Winner will be chosen based on photo quality, creativity and uniqueness of the entry, at the sole discretion of the Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts.
Ultimate grand prize includes:
• Two return flights from the residing city of the Participant, to the destination of choice (see list below) in Economy class.
• Two nights stay at the selected Shangri-La hotel or resort in the destination of choice (see list below) for two persons.
• Two breakfasts and two lunches or dinners at the hotel or resort’s all-day dining restaurant.
• Airport pick-up and drop-off at hotel or resort.
Winner may choose from one of the following 10 destinations with the validity to utilize the prize until 31 December 2020:
1. Shangri-La Hotel, Qinhuangdao
2. Shangri-La Resort, Shangri-La, Diqing
3. Jing An Shangri-La, West Shanghai
4. Shangri-La’s Hambantota Golf Resort & Spa, Sri Lanka
5. Shangri-La’s Rasa Ria Resort & Spa, Kota Kinabalu
6. Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore
7. Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel, Taipei
8. Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa, Muscat
9. Shangri-La Bosphorus, Istanbul
10. Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto
PLEASE SLIDE TO VIEW THE PRESENTATION
About Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts: Hong Kong-based Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts currently operates over 100 hotels with a room inventory of over 41,000. Shangri-La hotels are five-star deluxe properties featuring extensive luxury facilities and services. Shangri-La hotels are located in Australia, Canada, mainland China, Fiji, France, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Sultanate of Oman, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom. The group has a substantial development pipeline with upcoming projects in Australia, Bahrain, mainland China, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia and Saudi Arabia. For more information, visit www.shangri-la.com.